HOW TO PLAN YOUR SOCIAL VIDEO CONTENT CALENDARadmin
A well rounded video marketing strategy takes into account social video. As you put your video plans together for the year consider that your content calendar as it relates to social video should be completely different than other channels where video is published — like your website.
The key to social video is navigating timelines and feeds. Today Facebook and Twitter rank video content higher in the timeline if that video plays back using the native players that the social channels provide. Knowing this be exceptionally mindful of the story you’re telling through your tweets, Facebook posts, so content is not repetitive. Use the timeline to create a journey, space video clips out, make sure they collectively tell a story. Assume that a user may only see a single video, but could also venture to see past posts with video as well. Does your brand story make sense in both contexts?
When you go to plan your social video editorial calendar, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is there a specific order or story I’m trying to tell?
- Does my video content make sense in this order?
- Can I break longer pieces into short chunks (i.e. parse a 60-minute webinar into smaller chunks, and share that out over time)?
- What’s the theme I want to cover this quarter? Next quarter? For the year?
- What kind of environment do I want to tell my story in (i.e. a Twitter feed or a branded environment)?
Formulate your video content strategy and editorial calendar around the answers to the above questions. Think of the short term, individual video post impact as well as the long term, full journey experience. Carefully plan out content and to consider how all the pieces fit together to tell your story.